Thursday, July 29, 2010

ATTACKED BY A VANISHING HOMINID







Posted: 20 Jul 2010 12:53 PM PDT
About three years ago, I had a strange encounter in the length of woods that borders my house. It was winter and I was on one of my routine hikes with my brother. We would periodically stop and rest, listening to the sounds of the forest. We were climbing a steep hill and having a hell of a time with it. Our march was halted when I stepped in a pothole and when I finally dragged my foot out we decided to take a breather. That's when I saw it. We were just standing there, making small talk, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure. I turned and saw a large, lanky creature watching us from atop a hill. The very instant my gaze fixed on it, it began to barrel down the hill at us. I tried to run or even alert my brother, but I couldn't move. I was paralyzed with fear.

I heard my brother asked "what's the matter?"...but I couldn't tell him because I didn't know. I didn't know what I was looking at. I was finally able to break my paralysis and was about to tell him what was happening and then it was gone. Just POOF! Like smoke in the wind. Needless to say I hauled ass out of there. If I was to describe the thing I would say that it was at least 6'1 with some of the longest hair I've ever seen. It had a slim build and was completely nude. It's body was pale with a large patch of hair on it's chest. I never caught sight of it's face or any reproductive parts, but I have the feeling it was male.

Every time I look back on it and try to analyze what it might have been I always come up short. I can't come up with a believable or concrete explanation. I sometimes doubt I saw anything at all. Granted this is not the first strange experience I've had in those woods. The disembodied baby's cry comes to mind.

Cody B.
Goodlettsville, Tennessee

NOTE: this is an interesting anecdote. Was it a hominid spirit or a interdimensional being...or something completely different? I recently received another interesting, but very brief account from a reader in Pennsylvania. She states that she witnessed what looked like a feral human while in vicinity of Tiadaghton State Forest in Lycoming County during the late 1970's. This being was described as only 4 ft. tall with reddish hair all over the body, though sparse on the chest where she noticed what she thought were breasts. The facial features were human in all respects. This hominid stood for a few seconds, made no sound, turned to it's left, took a step and faded away...as if it was walking through a wall of water. The email didn't go into much more detail but she did state that the area did have 'old ghost towns' in it...Lon - From Phantoms and Monsters blog

_______

AND NOW A SIGHTING RIGHT HERE IN CORTEZ, CO
By Aileen


Two young men in 1987 were walking from Empire street, turned left onto Broadway, walking south. They both saw this tall sasquatch, all white, with long hair under its arms watching them from between buildings. He was standing kind of looking at them with curiosity, like what are you? He had his hand around the trunk of this little tree like you would hold a can of soda. He looked to be about eight feet tall, at least.

The one young man asked the other, do you see what I see? He said what are you seeing? A sasquatch! They started running south to one of the boys homes. They were running as fast as they could and the sasquatch was just walking along, keeping up with them.

They ran to the boy's home and shut the door. They looked back to see if it had come to the house but it had disappeared. They figured it had come up out of the deep canyon in back of those businesses.

About a year later one of the young men was talking to a girl who told him a strange story. She lived in Crown Point, NM. A group of her friends would go to this one area in the forest and party. This one night she had to work so they went on without her. Later they went back and picked her up. They were looking for this Sasquatch when they got back. After they arrived in the area where they partied this white sasquatch jumped onto their car. It started throwing rocks at them and then it dented the car in with a stick and was trying to break out the front windshield. The group had scratches on them from its attack. They started the car and got out of there.

They were going to start a fire and perhaps that is why the Sasquatch reacted like that. He didn't want them to, maybe he had experienced a forest fire before! Mostly he was trying to scare them away, which worked.

This one looked just like the one the boys had seen in Cortez. It too was white and had long hair. It had a mostly human face. An experience none of them will ever forget.

The girl told the young man about this before he told her what he had seen. He was surprised that it also was white. I haven't heard of any white Sasquatch until this case.

_________


This report was filed in reference to a sighting in Jefferson County, TX Report #01060011
Occurred October 15, 1984 -(Submitted April 7, 2006)


Witness Observation:


I was squirrel hunting out around Pine Island Bayou in the early afternoon. I was walking down a make shift trail running beside the bayou. The area was pretty open and you could see everything clearly. No high brush or dense wooded areas either. I was sitting on an old tree that had fallen and was snacking on something and petting my dog that was with me, half lab/half pit bull. We were sitting there when all of a sudden we heard this splashing noise coming from the bayou which was probably 50 feet to the side of me. The splashing was probably 200 feet away from me down the trail. My dog snapped to attention and I had my shotgun pulled and ready for whatever we saw. Up the bank came this large creature walking on 2 legs. It looked right at me and took a step toward me when my dog started growling and barking at it. It was probably 6'5" - 7'0", covered in dark brown, somewhat wet hair from head to toe. It looked right at me and it looked like the face of a man who had not shaved in many years but it was very intimidating. Well, my dog started to run toward it and it picked up an old log and threw it at him, then turned around and ran back across the bayou and back into the woods on the other side. It had made a kind of growling/yelling noise when it threw the log at him. I did shoot at it when it threw the log but I only had a single shot .410 and I do not know if any of the buckshot hit him. It scared me so bad that instead of running back up the trail I had came down, I just ran straight into the woods behind me until I came to the first house in the back part of the sub-division and never looked back until I hit the road that was there and waited for my dog to catch up to me. From that day forth I have never went back into those woods or any woods around me. I have not told anyone until recently we saw the report on the Travel Channel and I told my wife what I saw. I did not stay around or go back and look for anything. I will say this, I still have dreams/nightmares of that moment.
Physical Evidence: I did not go back and look nor did I tell anyone about it.

Sounds: It growled/yelled

Additional Observations: Large creature walking on 2 legs. It was probably 6' 5" - 7' 0", covered in dark brown, somewhat wet hair from head to toe. It looked right at me and it looked like the face of a man who had not shaved in many years but it was very intimidating. No. Too far away to notice.

This was at Pine Island Bayou, back of Bevil Oaks Subdivision, (now part of a Big Thicket National Preserve corridor)

Time and Conditions: 2:00pm - Clear and Cool. Swampy & wooded.


Investigator's Comments:
Bob Hilliard

I spoke with the witness on 25 May 2006. He gave me no reasons to dismiss his report, was very cordial and seemed very sincere about what he allegedly saw.

As stated in his report, the witness told me that he was hunting for squirrels with his dog behind the Bevil Oaks subdivision and was sitting about 50 feet from Pine Island Bayou. He reportedly heard a loud splashing sound and then sounds like something large coming through the water to his side of the bayou. Thinking maybe it was a deer, the witness stated that he crouched down so that it would not see him. The witness went on to tell me that to his surprise, "a large creature with dark brown, almost black hair, walking on two legs, came up the bank."

The witness said that it looked straight at him and its face looked very human. The witness reported that when his dog started barking, the strange subject made sort of a growling yelp, threw a small log their way, then turned and went back across the bayou and into the woods. He said the bayou is at least five feet deep but the subject had no problem at all crossing it.

The witness stated that the wind was behind him and the subject was about 50 to 75 yards away so there was no smell. He also stated that he had seen some tracks earlier but thought the reason they were so big was because the person making them was sliding in the slick mud.

After thinking about it later on, the witness said:
1. No one would be walking around out there barefoot and;
2. He didn't remember seeing any slide marks.

When asked if he had had any other experiences in the area or heard of any more sightings, the witness replied that two of his friends had supposedly heard some strange whooping and howling in the same area and that there was another alleged sighting a couple of years later further on down the bayou. The witness had not heard of anything recently.


It is my assessment that the witness seemed credible, was very forthcoming and answered all my questions as best he could. The witness told me that he just recently told his wife about his sighting because he had seen the TBRC on the Travel Channel; according to his own testimony, he has never told anyone else.
The area in which the sighting occurred is now quite developed, although much less so at the time of the alleged event. About three miles from this area to the west, the Big Thicket National Preserve Bayou corridor continues into Little Pine Island Bayou, which eventually runs through the Lance Rosier Unit, and on northward toward the Turkey Creek and Big Sandy Creek units; none of the units mentioned here are without reported "wild man" sightings, both aged and recent.


Sources:
Phantoms and Monsters archives
bigfootsightings.org
BFRO.net
www.texasbigfoot.org
southwestpaddler.com

No comments: